SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Location: Toronto, 30 Adelaide St.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: RRSP Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Provide business solutions to our external and internal clients through the enhancement of the OPC products and functionality.
- Participate in the project life cycle from inception to production.
- Liaise between our clients and internal teams to ensure detailed requirements are understood and documented, and to facilitate the building or modifying of our client output applications to meet client needs.
- Create, maintain and execute test plans for our client output applications.
- Engaged in new client launches, conversions, activation of products/functionality, and support of production issues.
- Elicit and translate customer product requirements into comprehensive, complete and accurate business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Understand the process flows, requirements gather techniques, conduct structured analysis, data modeling, process mapping, Software Development and Project Management Life Cycle
- Conduct process analysis, gap analysis and investigation of existing functionality
- Work with the client to obtain an understanding of their products and services
- Participate in project walkthroughs: business requirements, design, functional test plans and implementation sessions
- Participate in defining test strategy and perform business product testing to ensure product quality is maintained
- Deliver on assignments within the required timeframes and escalate to the project team members in an effective and timely manner
- Manage to vendor schedules/timeframes
- Participate in product documentation including, file layouts, user and implementation guides
- Provide direction to the overall testing strategy
- Ensure thorough functional test plan walkthroughs with project teams and clients are conducted
- Ensure high quality testing of enhancements/defects, oversight of environments, suggesting and implementing process improvements
- From time to time attend walkthroughs, review estimates on enhancements, review test plan strategies, test plans and assist testers with Test Plan strategies and test plans
- Maintain effective working relationships with peers/teams.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum 2-4 years of Mutual Fund experience in an operational or application change capacity and/or internal product knowledge and applicable software quality/testing experience including the use of testing tools and utilities.
- In-depth knowledge in the Finance/Banking industry, particularly in the Mutual Fund/ Segregated Fund/Transfer agency domains
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Is self-directed and has the ability to multitask
- Ability to build strong relationships, team player
- Innovative – seeks out innovative solutions and champions continuous improvement
- Initiative – takes independent action and goes beyond what the job or situation requires
- Client focused as required to obtain business requirements and assist in implementations
- Prioritization – ability to organize workflow in order to accomplish multiple and changing priorities within specified timeframe
- Flexible – ability to quickly and easily adapt to changes within the business and organization
- Results oriented – strives to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance
- Risk Management Skills
- Detailed knowledge of Software Testing phases
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Negotiation, influencing and relationship building skills
- iFAST knowledge is ideal
- IFIC Operations and Procedures course is also ideal
SS&C Technologies Canada Corp. fosters a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact: email@example.com
To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.No phone calls or email applications please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website