SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Associate Manager, Insurance and Investments
Locations: Windsor, CT | Remote-US CT | Remote or Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
SS&C Institutional Outsourcing, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment processing service group that provides middle and back office operations, accounting and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Pension, and Wealth Management clients. SS&C is searching for an investment accountant with experience in the insurance industry.
The Associate Manager's responsibility is to be the primary owner of the delivery of daily and monthly reporting for 1-2 clients. The individual will be responsible for supervising 1-3 staff in delivering accurate investment accounting for both simple and complex investment portfolios.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Get To Do:
- Ensure daily, monthly, and quarterly reports are delivered timely and accurately to clients.
- Design and review controls on monthly general ledgers feeds for US GAAP, US STAT, IFRS and other Local GAAPs.
- Maintain a relationship with one or multiple clients.
- Manage communication, including service reviews, with client(s)
- Review and distribute Schedule D NAIC reports.
- Supervise and manage the development of 1-3 staff.
- Identify inefficiencies in the current production process and institute operational efficiencies.
- Manage change control requests and issue logs.
- Document and cross-train processes.
What You Will Bring:
- Solid understanding of practical application of accounting rules for investments under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong background with simple and complex investment products.
- Experience using portfolio accounting software.
- Minimum of a BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, ACCA, CFA, MBA or CIMA a plus
- 5+ years' experience of investment accounting or equivalent work experience in the insurance industry.
- Experience in supervising and developing staff.
- Ability to multi-task effectively .
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website