The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
Working with a variety of clients across the financial industry and internal ALPS Teams, the Supervisor will assist and support The Tax Team in preparing tax provisions, income distributions and IRS testing on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis. The successful candidate will be able to work under deadline pressure, thrive on change, welcome challenges and have a process- improvement mind set. Above all else, the Tax Supervisor will be a proven leader and someone who can quickly gain the credibility of a team.
- Review calculations prepared by Tax Accountant/Sr Tax Accountant and assist in training
- Provide training and development support to entry level staff
- Provide oversight, organization and guidance to assigned staff to ensure accuracy/timeliness of periodic tax deliverables
- Assist Tax Manager in review and delivery of performance feedback for assigned staff
Tax Provision Calculation and Compliance
- Prepare and/or review tax provision for annual audit
- Coordinate with auditors for review of tax provisions
- Review distribution calculations on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Assure that RIC status is maintained
Tax Return Preparation
- Support the preparation and review of Forms 1120RIC and Schedule D, 8613, 7004 and required state filings
- Prepare and/or review 1099 reporting information for use by transfer agency
- Review shareholder communications to be mailed with Forms 1099
- Assist the Tax Management with research of issues and questions that arise
- Provide clients with special reports, as requested
- Communicate professionally with internal and external parties
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related subject
- 2-3 years tax experience, financial services experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to self-start and work with little direction
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000. (This position is eligible to participate in a company bonus plan and stock program].
Benefits: SS&C offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Flexible, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; Professional Development and Employee Discounts.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website