SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Senior Associate - SQL + SSRS Developer
Reports Developer with 3+ years of experience that has developed and supported business applications in NET, MS-SQL, SSRS on Windows platforms. The candidate will be developing complex reports and software within a team that supports an industry leading application that tracks investor balances in hedge funds, calculates fees using complex rules, using MS-SQL and SSRS, .Net in a Windows environment. The position also provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to learn other technical tools used by the application, including Java, Unix Shell Scripting, and more.
- Collaborate with business users and other team members in the design, development and testing of complex reports developed in MS-SQL and SSRS, .Net on Windows
- Gain an understanding of the various fee calculations performed by the core application and differentiate between user error and software defect
- Optimize slow running processes
- Take ownership of projects and execute them with minimal supervision
- Juggle multiple assignments with the ability to identify and prioritize critical items
- Develop test plans and execute them; coordinate user testing with business users.
- Articulate and document development plans in written form for emails and for project documentation.
- Exhibit flexibility in learning new technologies and tools used within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
- Experience in application development in a global environment in .net, c#, MS-SQL
- Solid experience with MS SQL Server 2016 or later Windows 2010 or higher platform
- Excellent MS-SQL skills
- SSRS skills
- Good knowledge of the full project development life cycle process
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with other technologies such as Java, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, SSIS, and MQ or other messaging technologies is a plus
- Experience working on business applications for financial institutions, hedge funds or mutual funds is a strong plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website