SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Principal or Senior Implementation Consultant (level determined based on prior experience) – I&IM Professional Services – Boston, MA, Windsor, CT, or New York, NY
Headquartered in Windsor, CT and with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance. Our clients manage, in aggregate, over $26 trillion in assets and choose SS&C as their preferred vendor for our expertise.
Within the SS&C Institutional & Investment Management (I&IM) division the Professional Services team provides Project Management, Implementations, Operations Reviews, Interfaces Specifications and Reporting services. The Professional Services team is searching for an experienced a Lead or Senior Implementation Consultant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic consultant with Investment / Insurance Accounting background to work on one of SS&C's Next Generation solutions. Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate a strong track record in managing or working on large projects and implementations, ensuring consistent and successful delivery. Candidates will need the ability to work at an executive level across multiple clients (both internal and external).
This role is expected to lead and drive the business to the next level servicing clients to a high standard and ensuring our current success is maintained and improved upon. Successful candidates will be critical to driving forward the rollout of SS&C Next Generation of Insurance & Investment Accounting Systems.
Specific functions include:
- Successfully implement the investment accounting platforms to support operations and accounting for asset managers, insurance companies, pension funds, hedge funds and REIT clients
- Drafts and tracks to implementation project plan tasks and budget
- Maintain relationship with various clients, including leading operations reviews, implementations processes, process improvements, project management functions and vendor review meetings
- During the rollforward and catchup phases of the implementation process, you are responsible for ensuring monthly and quarterly deliverables are delivered timely and accurately to clients, including transaction processing, accounting reconciliations, general ledger, profit and loss, compliance and performance reporting
- Perform business analysis, new requirements, workflow, and operational reviews.
- Assist with researching complex account issues
- Develop and implement consistent implementation processes and procedures for clients
- Lead other project resources
- Provide in-depth product, industry and best practices business consultancy
- Be involved in all phases of implementation projects as well as a number of smaller client related projects and pre-sales opportunities
- Provide the necessary skills to advise and consult within the investment management market place on best practice methodologies on how to utilise SS&C solutions
- Be a reliable point of contact for all Client enquiries, issues and requests throughout a project or implementation. Perform and/or lead activities related including requirements analysis, business process analysis, product configuration, detailed project documentation, Client communication, issue resolution, testing, Client training/education and solutions deployment.
- Articulate product capabilities and guide the Client in best practices for use of SS&C's solutions
- Identify product customisation, enhancements, process changes and/or workarounds to meet Client requirements
- Identify, research and resolve and/or engage others in the research and resolution of complex investment management related business issues.
- Manage and assist in the provision of Sales support - proof of concepts, workshop building, off the shelf demonstrations.
- Interact effectively with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally. Manage Client expectations, cultivate the Client relationship and ensure the timely completion of project milestones.
- Command respect for excellence, not only in areas of specific knowledge but also in all aspects of proposing, conducting and leading consultancy assignments.
B.S. Accounting, Finance or Economics, CPA
Experience & Training:
- 5+ years investment accounting implementations, Investment Accounting experience or Accounting firm experience including experience with STAT accounting principles
- Strong experience with Fixed Income products, Common Stock, Derivative products, including Options, Futures, Swaps, FX trades and Commercial Loans.
- Experience on implementation issue resolution
- Proven ability to meet deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Experience using Excel, Word
- Project Management experience
- Experience using Crystal report writer, SQL Server Reporting Services, CAMRA, D&D, Recon, SSCNet, Sylvan (SS&C products), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, MSSQL and Bloomberg or Reuters terminals/data products
- Knowledge of trading life cycle and with IBOR
- Knowledge of amortization, book value and yields
- Previous experience as a user or implementer of Clearwater, PAM, Advent, Simcorp, Eagle, SunGard, Invest One or other investment accounting systems.
- Prior experience of software implementation projects
- Good general knowledge of current hardware and software technologies
- Strong judgment, risk & issues management, and problem analysis techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Ability to manage high pressure client situations and build trust with the clients
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
- Ability to present and communicate at a senior stakeholder level (internally & externally)
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex technical, product and business issues
- Self-motivated, “Find a way to get it done” attitude
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details
- Northeast with ability to travel to/work from offices in Boston, MA, Windsor, CT, or New York City Times Square locations
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING 401K and BONUS POTENTIAL
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website