The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description: Organizational Overview
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
This position provides leadership and oversight of ALPS Tax Administration Services; a growing and separately identifiable service line and department within ALPS Fund Services, Inc. (“AFS”).
Oversee Tax Administration Services
- Calculating dividend and capital gain distribution rates
- Preparing ROCSOP and required tax designations for Annual Report
- Preparing and coordinating filing of income and excise tax returns
- Calculating and monitoring book-to-tax differences
- Providing quarterly Subchapter M compliance monitoring and reporting
- Providing tax re-allocation data for shareholder 1099 reporting
Develop and Maintain Relationships with other ALPS Departments and Industry Groups
- Participate in a high performance leadership team that focuses on new business/service strategies and actively engage in the implementation of those strategies.
- Actively engage in industry groups and affiliations.
Budget Planning and Staffing
- Meet with COO on a monthly basis to address budget planning and staffing needs driven by new business and strategic directives.
Ensure Close Coordination by Tax Team with Independent Auditors & Other Vendor Relations
- Coordinate review of financial statement tax disclosures by auditors.
- Prepare income and excise tax returns for review and signing by auditors.
- Coordinate review of excise distribution calculations by auditors.
- Discuss with auditors new or unusual investments to determine taxability.
Existing and Prospective Client Interactions
- Regularly and directly interact with service clients on tax administration related matters.
- Participate in prospective client presentations to prospective clients on tax administration services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of and practical experience in the application of mutual fund industry tax laws and regulations.
- Specific experience with exchange traded funds and other alternative products strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of FATCA preferable.
- Must be able to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong ability to communicate with a wide and varied internal and external audience including, but no limited to, executive management, regulators, auditors, industry groups, and mutual fund clients.
- Travel to other locations may be required from time to time.
Minimum Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Minimum ten years experience in tax administration or similar role within the mutual fund industry.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Advanced Degree and/or Professional Certifications (ie CPA) preferred.
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is $175,000 to $190,000. (This position is eligible to participate in a company bonus plan and stock program].
Benefits: SS&C offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Flexible, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; Professional Development and Employee Discounts.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website