SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Financial Services Development – Sr Software QA Engineer Toronto
Location: 185 Spadina Ave, Tor.,ON, or 5255 Orbitor Drive, Miss. ON
About SS&C Technologies:
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivalled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America's best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
We are looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The QA role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. Assists with various tasks throughout the development life cycle of a project.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 6+ years of working experience in automation projects and technical activities
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) scenarios written in feature file format
- Experience & understanding of different types of testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, UAT)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like, Selenium, Cucumber, API Testing tools (SOAP UI/Postman/Newman/Swagger, etc.)
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps, Jenkins/Gitlab, Excel macros, Shell Scripting etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- ADA compliance experience
- Experience with performance and/or security testing and a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
- An extensive health benefit program
- Generous training allowance program
- Business casual work environment
- Close to all transit
To further explore this opportunity, please APPLY NOW through our careers page on the corporate website. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website