SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Insurance and Investment Accountant
Locations: CT, MA, IN | Remote or Hybrid Opportunity
Get To Know The Team:
SS&C SmartSource, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment accounting outsource group that provides back and middle office accounting, reporting and operations support to Institutional clients including Insurance Companies.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Process trades, corporate actions and price the investment portfolios
- Reconcile the investment cash and positions to brokers, custodians, investment managers
- Interact with brokers and investment managers to research and resolve reconciliation differences
- Analyze significant price changes to independent sources
- Calculate and post accruals and expenses
- Compile the AUM reporting package and provide for management review
- Assist with the completion of the year-end audit and financial statements
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (3.0 GPA minimum)
- 1-2 years' experience in accounting or financial services industry
- Prior experience with various financial products, such as equities, fixed income, futures and options a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge/skills, inclusive of macros, pivot tables, and VLOOKUP's
- Bloomberg terminal experience a plus
- Report Writing experience (Crystal, SSRS) and SQL experience a plus
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast paced team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented along with strong analytical and organizational skills
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.NYC: Salary range for the position: 58500 USD to 95000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award.
Apply on company website