It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital 1201 Grand
SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of SSM Health, is seeking applicants for a board certified/board eligible cardiologist to lead our efforts in the inpatient management of cardiogenic shock and advanced heart failure. The successful candidate will develop inpatient shock management protocols in an academic setting in the Greater Saint Louis area and lay the groundwork for a hub-and-spoke referral network. Preference will be given to candidates with fellowship training in interventional heart failure or advanced heart failure or interventional cardiology.
The clinical role will largely include inpatient management of shock patients with some outpatient clinics. Additional imaging responsibilities will depend on the candidate?s prior experience and interest. The administrative role will focus on protocol development, specifically with regards to percutaneous mechanical cardiac support and escalation of pharmacologic treatment. The physician will participate in the education and development of Cardiology Fellows, Residents and Medical Students.
This role offers the possibility of Medical Directorship depending on the candidate?s experience and documented commitment to program development. Academic appointment will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Job Summary:Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:Physician - State of Work Location
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Department:9991180235 Z204:_:_ Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Apply on company website