It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health SLUCare Academic Pavilion
Ambulatory geriatric medicine clinics (2 locations) 33% time
Long-term and skilled nursing facility: 33% time
House call opportunity (10% time)
Inpatient care?geriatric medicine team (opportunity) 15% time
Inpatient geriatric medicine consult service (opportunity) 15% time
Education and Supervision
Teaching and oversight of students, residents, and fellows in all sites of clinical care ?
Participation in residency and fellowship training programs
Participation in and delivery of educational sessions (e.g. grand rounds, journal club, teaching curriculum)
Administration and leadership
Primary collaborating physician for geriatric nurse practitioners
Medical directorship: long term care
Support for geriatric medicine and palliative care fellowship programs
Opportunity for membership and participation in hospital, University, and School of Medicine committees
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm academic/clinical services
Shared weekend hospital geriatrics inpatient team/consult rounding (1 in 5)
Shared holiday coverage hospital geriatrics inpatient team/consult rounding (1-2 per year)
Shared evening/weekend/holiday telephone call (1-2 per week)
Hospital work at: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Ambulatory work at: SLUCare clinics (Center for Specialized Medicine; DesPeres Medical Arts Bldg)
Home care: Saint Louis city/county
Nursing home care: Saint Louis city/county
Unique practice activities and opportunities:
Academic practice at a Level 1 trauma center: Nationally recognized academic geriatrics program
Longstanding geriatric medicine fellowship:?35 years of geriatric medicine and over 140 fellows trained
Hospice/palliative fellowship program
Teaching of students, residents, fellows
Multiple care venues (long term care, skilled care, home care, assisted living, inpatient geriatrics team with Acute Care for the Elderly unit; geriatric medicine consults)
Academically active at national meetings for AMDA, AGS, AAHPM
Active GWEP HRSA grant
3 nursing home medical directorships; 1 hospice medical directorship; 1 assisted living medical directorship; 1 home health care medical directorship
? 4 nursing home practice locations
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
9991220235 Z218 IM-Geriatrics
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Apply on company website