It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health is seeking applicants for a full-time Academic Hospitalist position at Saint Louis University Hospital. Duties include:
- Direct Patient Care
- Supervision of internal medicine residents
- Supervision of Hospitalist Service APP's
- Commitment to medical student education
- Full Faculty Academic Appointment at Saint Louis University
- Academic rank commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary with exceptional benefits
- EPIC EMR
Applicants should be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine.
SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of SSM Health, St. Louis with more than 600 health care providers in hospitals and medical offices throughout the St. Louis region. Our physicians are among the most highly trained in their fields: more than 50 specialties in all. We have national and international experts, renowned for research and innovations in medicine.
In addition to treating patients, SLUCare physicians educate the next generation of health care professionals at SSM Health St. Louis. Our teaching is guided by our Catholic Jesuit tradition, balancing the science of medicine with the soul of it ? keeping people first in all we do.
Job Summary:Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:Physician - State of Work Location
Work Shift:Variable Shift (United States of America)
Department:9991240235 Z220 IM-Infectious Diseases Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Apply on company website