It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group South Madison Campus
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group headquartered in Madison, WI, is actively recruiting for a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon who has or will be completing an Orthopedic Trauma Surgery fellowship, for its brand-new South Madison Campus. Additional details:
* The new physician will join an experienced team and be a vital part of the orthopedic surgery department
* Shared call
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center
* Excellent compensation, a signing bonus, and fringe benefits will be provided
SSM Health Dean Medical Group South Madison Campus
This new SSM Health Dean Medical Group, located at 1211 Fish Hatchery Road, houses more than 100 primary and specialty care providers. Primary care services include pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine and women's health. Specialty care services include orthopedics, including joints, podiatry and sports medicine, as well as cancer care, ENT, audiology, wound care, infection prevention and treatment, palliative care and genetic counseling. In addition, the clinic offers extensive therapy services, as well as on-site imaging, lab and retail pharmacy.
SSM Health offers exceptional care for the entire family. From diagnosis and treatment for minor and chronic illnesses to immunizations and X-rays, for convenient care in your neighborhood, we have you covered.
SSM Health Orthopedics offers a broad range of services that address the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. Our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians, specially trained nurses and therapists are committed to delivering that exceptional care to our patients.
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center with a full compliment of trauma/acute care surgeons and trauma advanced practitioners
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
* SSM St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network.
* St. Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
* Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family.
* Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability.com
* The Overture Center http://www.overture.org/ in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances.
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
7310080164 120102-Ortho Cntr Ortho
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Apply on company website