It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health, is seeking pediatric critical care faculty applicants for a full-time appointment within the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine at St. Louis University and SSMHealth Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. Academic rank and appointment with Saint Louis University will be commensurate with experience. The appointee will provide clinical coverage in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Sedation Service at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. We would especially welcome applicants with an academic interest in pediatric critical care fellowship education and/or potential to conduct research-based and clinical programs in post-pediatric intensive care follow up.
The Division of Pediatric Critical Care consists of 10 full-time faculty members and 5 acute care pediatric nurse practitioners delivering critical care services in a 21-bed mixed medical/surgical/cardiac PICU. The Division also provides procedural pediatric sedation services to approximately 1800 children annually. Faculty members are actively involved in research, quality improvement, and medical education for students, residents, and pediatric critical care fellows. The PICU has approximately 1,000 annual admissions including 250-300 cardiac intensive care patients. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center, is designated a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and supports Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Center of Excellence at the Gold Level. The pediatric emergency room is the highest volume pediatric ED in the region and supports a dedicated pediatric and neonatal critical care transport service. The hospital has been consistently ranked in pediatric subspecialties for U.S. News and World Report. The Division of Pediatric Critical Care supports programs in solid organ transplant, hematopoietic transplant, and renal failure support with an active CRRT program, neurocritical care including epilepsy surgery and advanced invasive and non-invasive respiratory care including oscillator ventilation, neurally adjusted ventilator assist ventilation and airway pressure release techniques.
We offer a competitive base salary plus an incentive plan and an exceptional benefit package. The institution is open to working with many types of foreign visa holders, as well as green card holders and US citizens. Prior to the start of employment, qualified applicants must: 1) have a medical doctorate or equivalent, 2) be BC/BE in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 3) be eligible for permanent medical licensure in the State of Missouri, and 4) have cared for complex and critically ill infants, children, and adolescents during the past five years.
The St. Louis metropolitan area is well-known for its low cost of living, excellent public and private schools, diverse cultural opportunities, numerous parks, recreation, and wildlife sites.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
4868900235 Prfee PD-Critical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Apply on company website