It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Aesthetic Center
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting a full-time (1.0 FTE) BE/BC Plastic Surgeon to become part of our dedicated team at the free-standing SSM Health Aesthetic Center in Madison, Wisconsin. SSM Health is an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Additional details:
* The department is currently comprised of 2 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners.
* SSM Health Surgery Center is located on the campus of SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital-Madison
* This is a diverse plastic surgery practice including breast (DIEP experience required), cosmetic and MOHS reconstruction, wound care and microvascular surgery.
* Well established practice with strong referral base.
* Fully integrated EPIC EMR across the network with remote access from referring hospitals.
* Affiliation with UW plastic surgery residency program
* Call rotation is 1:4.
* Collegial, patient centered group
* Competitive income guarantee and signing bonus and comprehensive benefit package
SSM Health Aesthetic Center
We have one goal at the Aesthetic Center: to help you feel and look your best. Our experienced and attentive staff welcomes and guides you through the process, while our specialized cosmetic board-certified surgeons and physician assistants help you make the best decision for you. By combining convenience, education and personalized attention we are able to provide you with a superior customer experience, designing a personalized plan to help you achieve the look you want.
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center.
* SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network.
* Madison, population 252,000, was recently named as the best place to live in America by Livability in 2021 https://livability.com/best-places/2021-top-100-best-places-to-live-in-america/top-100-2021-madison-wi/
* The Overture Center http://www.overture.org/ in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
7130100164 Aesthetic Plstc Srgy
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Apply on company website