DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Austin Market Float Pool that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Care Technician like you to be a part of our team.
As a Market Float Pool Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of patient care services related to activities of daily living and basic needs. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver patient care while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient. Market Float Pool employees will be required to float to all St. David's Healthcare System Facilities.
· You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
· You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene, mobility and transportation.
· You will obtain and record patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
· In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided
· You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
· You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's condition
· You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
With more than 130 sites across Central Texas, St. David's HealthCare includes eight of the area's leading hospitals with over 1500 beds and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation's highest presidential honor for performance excellence—in 2014. St. David's HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 10,600 employees.
St. David's HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David's HealthCare in 1996, more than $269 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Market Float Pool Patient Care Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting as a Patient Care Tech or Certified Nursing Assistant
Certifications and Licenses
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification OR Certified Emergency Medical Technician – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website