DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Neonatal Critical Care Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
**Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000 for experienced NICU RN's**
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated NICU RN like you to be a part of our team.
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
- You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
- You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
- You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
- You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
- You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
- You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
- You will assist in high-risk deliveries and assist Nurse Practitioner with resuscitation
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our NICU RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC-OB) – preferred
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website