Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) unit at St. David's South Austin Medical Center treats adults facing blood cancer and hematologic disorders in the Central Texas region. Our 24 bed inpatient unit provides stem cell transplants, Car T cell therapy and clinical trials, with a focus on providing exceptional care and cutting edge treatments close to home. In partnership with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, we are proud to be the only FACT accredited facility in Austin, Texas.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) on the TCT unit you will be responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders, patients experiencing oncological emergencies, and others meeting admission criteria. Common diagnoses seen include acute leukemia, non hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma. You will be responsible for a maximum of 4 patients in this acute care setting.
· The only facility in Austin offering a Very Immunocompromised Program (VIP), which promptly identifies and treats immunocompromised oncology patients arriving in the ER
· Inpatient team that works closely with our Outpatient Cancer Care Clinic
· Specialized educator support for new hires with continued education through the program
· Comprehensive interdisciplinary team, including designated physicians, APPs, social workers, dieticians, chaplains, nurse coordinators, and rehabilitation therapists
· Annual participation in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Fundraiser
· St. David's HealthCare is the Official Healthcare Partner of Austin FC, Austin's first major league team.
The Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator:
· Monitors patient/family before, during and after transplantation for physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial needs and intervenes when appropriate. Refers patients to members of the BMT/Oncology team (chaplain, counselor, nutritionist, oncology support team, and financial advisors) as needed, and/or utilizes community resources when appropriate.
· Coordinates the patient and donor pre-admission work-up and visits. Gathers and reviews all pertinent clinical information (including past treatments and outcomes) and presents this to the transplant physician with special notes to abnormal results.
· Collaborates with direct health care providers to establish plan of care, facilitates continuity of care across departments (both in-patient and out-patient) within hospital and home health providers. Coordinates all services for BMT/Oncology and targeted Blood Cancer patients, and oversees National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) processes as needed.
· Coordinates the transfer of patient care from Blood and Marrow Transplant Program back to referring physician and is responsible for long-term follow-up, which includes but is not limited to: periodic updates on patient condition, coordinating follow-up visits with Blood and Marrow Transplant physician and referring physician, and coordinating provision of post-discharge necessary services. Assist and collect engraftment and other post-transplant data for submission when required.
· Minimum 3 years' experience as Registered Nurse in transplant services
· Minimum 3 years' experience in Case Management/Utilization
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
Licenses and Certifications
· Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
· Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website