Ready to accelerate your career into an Orthopedic Spine Seasonal specialty position? Well here is your opportunity to make a change! St. David's South Austin Medical Center is opening a NEW Post Surgical Ortho/Spine Unit (7 South), where we will specialize in Orthopedic and Spine surgeries. You will have a rare opportunity to open a BRAND NEW UNIT with a group of positive individuals like yourself that are striving to be the best in their field. This unit will consist of 34 beds and will have the latest technology used throughout HCA.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Ortho Spine RN like you to be a part of our team.
As a Orthopedic / Spine Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
- You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patient's response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
- You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patient's needs and goals
- You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
- You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
- You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named aWorld's Most Ethical Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Surgical RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
License and Certifications
Apply on company website