Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Radiology Technologist? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Radiology Technologist like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary of the Radiology Technologist – X-ray Technologist
The Staff Radiologic Technologist is responsible for taking radiographs that are in accordance with the standards/practices set forth by the ARRT. The technologist demonstrates knowledge of the human structure and functions, patient care, positioning, principles of radiographic sciences, radiation protection and specialized techniques. Maintains professional judgment and conduct that is complimentary of the ARRT Code of Ethics and St. David's Healthcare Values.Responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist – X-ray Technologist
- Perform all diagnostic radiographic procedures including ER, surgical, fluoroscopic and portable radiographs.
- Select and operate radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
- Interpret and implement referring physicians' orders.
- Practice safe radiation protection following hospital guidelines.
- Assist physicians and radiologists in procedures requiring sterile technique.
- Prepare and administer radiopaque contrast media needed for radiologic exams.
- Assess patient's condition prior and during all radiologic procedures.
- Provide optimum patient care during exams.
- Corroborate patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by licensed practitioner.
- Perform other department related duties as needed.
- Perform minor equipment repairs and upkeep and communicate problems to supervisor or communication log.
- Graduate of an America Medical Association- approved program in Radiologic Technology or meet requirements for Texas certification of Medical Radiologic Technologist on an education-equivalent basis
- Entry-level graduate Radiologic technologist will be accepted depending shift and technical responsibility of the shift
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified or Temporary Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services as a Medical Radiologic Technologist
- ARRT R Certified with Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists American Registry of Radiologic Technology or ARRT (R) registry eligible with understanding that must have ARRT (R) within 12 months post hire
- BLS required per St. David's HealthCare policy
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Radiology Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website