Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgery Technologist Resident with St. David's South Austin Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St. David's South Austin Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgery Technologist Resident to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Technologist Resident, you will ensure all equipment and instruments are operational and maintain adequacy and organization of equipment, supplies, and instruments. You will assist professional staff in providing care for the operative patient before, during, and after surgery.
- You will ensure that proper instrumentation and supplies are available on the surgical field and in the operating room
- You will help the sterile operative team, perform scrub and circulating duties in the operating room, and perform routine and specialized housekeeping duties
- You will apply principles of asepsis, infection control, and medical ethics
- You will facilitate safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures
- You will position the patient on the operating room table and prepare by draping the patient and operative site
- You will assist the circulating nurse in maintaining correct needle, sponge, and instrument counts
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited educational program for Surgical Technology
Licenses and Certifications
- Current certification as a Surgical Technologist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgery Technologist Resident opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website