St. David's South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Trauma Care Unit Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the Trauma Care (TCU) Unit, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Multidisciplinary Rounds Team and to the Nurse Leader and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* 1 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
* Experience in an adult trauma step down unit (ICU) or adult intermediate care unit (IMC) – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC or TCAR) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Trauma Care Unit Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website