DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Clinical Nurse Coordinator Medical Surgical Unit Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description:The CNC Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Current licensure as an RN or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website