DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Mental Health Tech Full Time Days St. Mark's Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Mental Health Tech.
At HCA Healthcare we offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
As a Mental Health Tech at our facility you will be joining a team that has a passion for creating positive patient interactions and a dedication to caring for the multi-faceted wellness of those we serve. In this role:
- You will function as a member of the treatment team and accept responsibilities for specifically assigned duties, such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, and assisting with behavior modification programs.
- You will provide protection and control to ensure patient safety, including maintaining an ongoing awareness of patient's whereabouts, escorting patients to activities and other procedures and participating in restraining combative patients as needed.
- You will take vital signs and accurately record them and report to RN if variations from normal are found.
- You will participate in rounding and proactively respond to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and overall patient experience.
- You will assist in the maintenance of client charts, including clinical assessment process (CAP) and behavior based, specific measurable progress notes to ensure quality treatment.
For the past 145 years, St. Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its surrounding communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's team members uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care. With 317 patient beds and 1,500 employees and volunteers, St. Mark's thrives on treating patients as if they're family. Such compassionate care is achieved by collaboration, kindness and state-of-the-art care.
St. Mark's is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and St. Mark's are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- C.N.A. (Certified Nursing Assistant) certification preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prefer at least one year of experience as a Mental Health Technician or C.N.A. in a behavioral health setting.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Certification in Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention (CPI) within 30 days of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website