DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our SDS team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k,and flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.Within the Surgery Department at SPGH, we provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for SPGH any length of time, ranging from less than one year to 40+ years.
- Number of Staff: 60
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus one cystoscopy room
- 3 Endoscopy Rooms (10-15 cases per day; Olympus Equipment-180 series scopes)
- Type of Cases: Robotic GYN, Robotic Urology, Robotic General Surgery, Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Lap Banding
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies…15-25 per day, 4000 annually
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified), Physician Assistant
- Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Dyonics and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, specialized tables (cysto, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel, Gyrus Generator, and Ligasure units, etc.
- Da Vinci® SI Surgical System: SPGH's surgical team was the first in Central Florida to perform robot-assisted minimally-invasive general surgery using this system. In addition, gynecology and urology procedures are currently being performed with the DaVinci Robot at St. Pete General. SPGH is one of 25 Robotic Epicenters in the US and only one of 2 Epicenters in the state of Florida. In April, 2012 SPGH was the first hospital in Pinellas County, Florida to perform single site Robotic Cholecystectomy.
- Special Certifications Needed: CNOR preferred for RNs, CST preferred for Surg Techs; BCLS for Operating room and Same Day Surgery and ALCS certifications required for all PACU and Endoscopy RNs
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Must have a minimum of ONE year of hospital ORexperience (including experience with total joints, spinal, minimally invasive surgery, and major vascular cases. Experience with robotic surgeries is desired.)
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
Founded in 1969, St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 215-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. St. Petersburg General is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website