Family Medicine or Med\Peds Physician
Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center is recruiting for a full time (Board Certified/Board Eligible) Family Medicine or Med\Peds physician to work with our team as a primary care provider.
Harvard Street is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center that has been serving the Dorchester and Roxbury Communities of Boston for more than 50 years. In addition to primary care services Harvard Street offers the following specialty services:
- Behavioral Health care including (psychiatry, psychology, counseling, substance abuse, smoking cessation)
- Social Support services
Family physicians provide medical care for patients of all age groups including infants, children, teenagers and seniors. Diagnose and treat a wide range of ailments in general practice. Working in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, the family physician treats a variety of illnesses, ranging from the common problems such as injuries, infections and immunization to diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
The ability to perform both pediatric and adult primary care is a requirement. We ask members of our team with providing extended coverage for our patients which includes some evening or weekend clinic coverage. MD level providers are expected to support/supervise mid-level (NP/PA providers). On-call is shared across all primary providers. No hospital admission or inpatient rounding required.
We offer competitive salary and a collegial environment as well as the following:
- Four weeks of vacation per year at start
- $1,500 per year in CME reimbursement
- Opportunity of Loan Repayment through the National Health Service Corps
- HPSA score 21
- J-1 Visa applicants welcome to apply
- Up-To-Date Subscriptions
- M.D. Degree, and must have completed a three year residency in Family Medicine.
- Must be Board-eligible and/or Board certified in either both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics or Family Medicine
- Must have current BLS certification, ACLS and PALS certified desirable but not required.
- Must have current DEA and MA licenses.
- Buprenorphine wavier highly desirable
- Must apply for and be granted privileges at affiliated hospital(s) and payors.
- Prior experience in ambulatory setting preferred.
- Experience in diverse culture preferred.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent clinical judgement
- Ability to cope with stress
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent team player
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole is highly desirable.
Physical demands requiring lifting of small pieces of equipment, boxes, and/or assisting with patient lifting, not to exceed 50 pounds. Mostly standing and walking required. Visual acuity sufficient for frequent reading. Hearing acuity sufficient for holding conversation with or without assistive audio devices
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Family Medicine or Med\Peds PhysicianHarvard Street Neighborhood Health Center is recruiting for a full time (Board Certified/Board Eligi...
Apply on company website