Reporting to the Senior Accountant Manager, the Intermediate AP Accountant will have primary responsibility to facilitate timely payments and month end closing of Account Payable, reconcile appropriate internal and external accounts and assist with General Ledger cutoff. The role is fast-paced and it requires dedication, passion for the industry, and a solid work ethic.
The expected start date for this role is mid-June 2021.
- Input invoices and process vendor payments;
- Journaling A/P accruals, F/X conversion and monthly bank activity;
- Journaling monthly US intercompany charges;
- Prepare month-end reconciliations of prepaid and accrual account balance;
- Process EFT payment request via Dataphile.
- Setup new employee profile and manage all Concur related inquiries;
- Review, post and reconcile Concur related monthly activity;
- Reconciliation of supplier statements versus G/L record;
- Project/Deal expense related administration;
- Provide ad-hoc support with other duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills
Educational credentials should consist of an undergraduate degree in Accounting with the pursuit of a CPA designation.
- Minimum five (5) years of full time work experience in Accounting;
- Proficiency in Oracle, Concur, Excel, Word, Outlook is required and preferably in Dataphile;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work in an open office and team environment;
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to all front and back office departments.
About STIFEL GMP
Stifel Canada (https://www.stifel.com/institutional/StifelCanada) is a leading provider of investment banking services, including advisory and underwriting, institutional sales and trading and research services. We offer a full suite of focused debt capital markets, equity capital markets, financial advisory, and investment services, delivering superior advice and execution to a broad range of corporate clients and institutional investors worldwide.
Stifel Canada is a subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp., a public (NYSE – SF) full-service global investment bank with over 8,500 personnel operating in Canada, the United States and Europe. This includes over 400 investment banking professionals serving the needs of middle-market companies through specialized expertise and strong relationships within its core industries. As a growth company itself, Stifel's passion is in bringing the right combination of people, products and services to the table to help our clients grow and excel for the long term.
Apply on company website