The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the department and the department Manager and works to facilitate the smooth operation of the day-to-day department activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, provides information to callers and/or visitors/guests, takes messages, and transfers/directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs; respond to inquiries; research questions; resolve problems.
- Composes, types, and distributes meetings notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for assigned work with spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and any other needed applications.
- Prepares and processes incoming and outgoing mail; prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
- Performs data entry for preparation of comprehensive and individual financial goal analysis reports, asset allocation, sector analysis reports, etc.
- Sets up, organizes, and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material including off-site storage, as needed in a logical and easily retrievable manner.
- Maintains calendar; schedules appointments and meetings, and conference calls as needed; prepares agendas and make arrangements for meetings; makes travel arrangements.
- Orders and ensures adequate and appropriate supplies are available for the department.
- High School diploma or experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position required.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience required.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, maturity, intellectual curiosity, initiative and good judgment; takes pride of ownership for wins and accountability for losses/mistakes.
- Excellent conceptualization, presentation and communication skills to effectively execute change.
- Able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines; is able to follow through and accomplish goals, manage expectations appropriately and use firm's resources efficiently.
- Dedicated to accomplishing goals; willing to take on additional responsibilities to produce outstanding work; strives for excellence; maintains a positive attitude through stressful situations.
- A team player with the ability and desire to interact in a team environment and collaborate with others, but is also able to work independently and have the ability to adapt to change, adjust to multiple and shifting priorities and coordinate and balance multiple tasks.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website