The Portfolio Associate will provide administrative, operational and analytical support to one or more 1919 Investment Counsel Portfolio Managers, Investment Associates and Client Advisors and will be responsible for day-to-day administrative management of individual client, institutional and trust portfolios. High touch client service is a hallmark of 1919 Investment Counsel; the candidate should be skilled in and enjoy client service and should have experience working closely with clients and co-workers. The Portfolio Associate must stay current on financial markets and instruments, and comply with firm policies, procedures, and Code of Ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with all client administrative functions which includes but is not limited to: account openings, account terminations, receiving assets, obtaining and adjusting cost basis, distributing assets, handling disbursements, processing cash, delivering in-kind charitable contributions, determining appropriate paperwork and governing documents, and ensuring correct client billing.
- Closely monitors investment portfolios for cash, maturities, and settlements to ensure that funds are available to clients and that portfolios are in line with investment guidelines. Instructing custodians to wire funds or prepare checks at the request of the client after review and approval by Senior Portfolio Associate or Portfolio Manager
- Handles client's personal needs (tuition payments, interaction with attorneys and other third parties, outside personal accounts, family related issues, etc) and provides client and/or their accountant with tax information.
- Proactively reviews clients' security holdings and daily transaction activity. Coordinating with trading, operations and custodians to ensure that positions and asset values are up to date and accurate.
- Maintains digital record of telephone and written contact with clients and third parties, including drafting client correspondence for review and approval.
- Coordinates the preparation and delivery of presentation materials for client and prospective client meetings. May attend client meetings.
- Reviews all reports, including performance, for accuracy and works with Operations to ensure accurate client reporting. Tests new applications, updates and system enhances.
- Updates relevant information in portfolio management accounting systems and Turbine (Client Relationship Management -CRM).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Financial Services, preferably Private Wealth Management/Portfolio Administration.
- Proven experience work with "High-touch" client services.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, the industry, the analysis and reporting of financial data, and associated terminology.
- Knowledge and experience using analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe, FactSet, Bloomberg.
- Experience with Advent APX, Moxy and Trust Accounting Systems.
ABOUT 1919 INVESTMENT COUNSEL
1919 Investment Counsel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corporation, provides investment management and financial planning services to wealthy individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and institutions. 1919 Investment Counsel manages more than $18 billion of client assets and has offices in Baltimore, Birmingham, Cincinnati, New York, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. 1919 Investment Counsel has a team of research analysts and portfolio managers that work together to construct investment portfolios that are tailored to each client's specific needs and objectives. The firm primarily serves high net worth clients which often require complex financial planning and advice as well as exceptional client service.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Apply on company website