The Senior Traditional Investment Product Research Specialist significantly contributes to the quantitative and fundamental research activities related to two product universes - Mutual Funds (MFs) and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs). The Traditional Product Research Group (TPRG) is responsible for the discretionary management of more than 40,000 accounts and $4.0 billion of client assets invested across various fee-based advisory platforms and trust company programs, and provides Firm-wide research support through the monthly publication of MF and ETF product recommended lists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce initial and ongoing quantitative analysis on MF and ETF universes.
• Provide guidance and leadership to junior team members regarding investment products, research process, and department policies.
• Lead or support most important relationships with MTF and ETF investment professionals (including chief strategists, chief investment officers, portfolio managers, and analysts) and key account relationship managers.
• Key contributor in the portfolio manager due diligence meetings hosted in Stifel's St. Louis headquarters.
• Represent TPRG at due diligence conferences hosted by most important MF and ETF product providers at their home office locations.
• Partner with TPRG team members to determine which products will be purchased in discretionary portfolios and/or promoted through product recommended lists.
• Write product research reports that will be made available to TPRG teammates, product and fee-based advisory program marketing personnel, and financial advisors.
• Provide individualized product research assistance to Stifel's Financial Advisors.
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced Analysts
Manager research experience
• Advanced industry knowledge of MFs, ETFs and fee-based advisory programs.
• Advanced knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, agency rules including SEC/Exchange rules/regulations, Industry practice and Stifel policies and their application.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or investment-related concentration
• 5+ years investment product research experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Knowledge and experience in Morningstar Direct
• Series 7 & 66 (or 63 & 65 in lieu of 66) obtained within six months of hire
• Manager Due Diligence experience
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website