$1,500. Sign On Bonus!!
The Sheet Metal Fabrication Technician position we are looking to fill has a strong emphasis on fabrication within our manufacturing environment. This includes exposure to new technologies and automated equipment which create opportunities for developing new technical skills. This position would be working in a hands-on manufacturing environment where safety & quality are of upmost importance. Individuals in this role can expect to work amongst various disciplines of Engineers, Maintenance and Operations in our manufacturing atmosphere. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Possess the desire and the skills to learn about variety of fabrication equipment and processes.
- Develop and utilize advanced troubleshooting and mechanical skills to support maintenance and fabrication engineering teams.
- Troubleshoot Equipment and Processes to determine true root cause and implement permanent corrective action on equipment such as brake presses, custom automated coil-fed equipment, CNC punching and laser cutting machines.
- Assist with Engineering Changes by processing First Article Inspections.
- Ensure safety throughout manufacturing practices, procedures and equipment.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to achieve optimum quality, delivery, and cost metrics.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks and support production needs with limited support.
- Technical/other training degree or better
- • Experience in setting up and programming CNC sheet metal equipment.
- • Experience with PLC's, robotics, and G&M code is preferred.
- • Experience reading electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics is preferred.
- • Desire to learn about new manufacturing processes and equipment.
- • Willing to attend training classes at the equipment manufacturer's facilities.
- • Blueprint Reading and Measurement Skills.
- • Basic Mechanical and hand tool experience.
- • Good communication skills.
- • Basic knowledge of windows programs such as e-mail, word, excel, etc.
Apply on company website