The Supplier Quality Engineer will engage the Sub Zero Group Inc. Team and Suppliers in the following;
- Develop and implement procedures and systems necessary to promote continuous improvement of product and to support departmental goals.
- Work with various business unit teams, manufacturing sites and suppliers to facilitate problem solving, supplier corrective action, evaluation, development and communication of quality improvement plans and metrics.
- Ability to analyze information and data in order to create, analyze, maintain and effectively present measures to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain databases and product lifecycle management work flows in order to promote new product development and maintain existing product.
- Review and assess Supplier Production Part Approval Process Submissions including Dimensional Layouts, Material Certifications, Control Plans, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Process Capability and Gage Studies.
- Perform Supplier Qualification and Surveillance Audits with Cross-Functional Teams and Suppliers.
- Participate in Design and Contract Reviews for Supplied Components.
- Supervise Quality Technicians in the areas of Receiving Inspection and/or Metrology Labs.
- Manage Projects pertaining to Quality System Infrastructure and New Product Development.
- Mechanical Engineering: Bachelors degree or better
- Knowledge and proficiency working with computers including Microsoft Office, Databases, XA, and Product Life Cycle Management
- Knowledge of quality processes/procedures and experienced in 6-Sigma-Lean (including Advanced Statistics, Design of Experiments, Value Stream Mapping)
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to provide clear leadership in assigned projects and provide completed work in a timely manner
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings including GD&T
- Knowledge of measurement techniques including Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Experience in material analysis for Plastics, Metals, Coatings, Color and Aesthetics
- 5 year(s): Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Electronics and Electromechanical Components and Assemblies.
- American Society for Quality - Certified Quality Engineer and/or Certified Quality Auditor
Apply on company website