Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Floor Technician? At Summerville Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Summerville Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Floor Technician like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for the floor care of all resilient flooring and carpet throughout the hospital. Performs general Hospitality Associate, Environmental Services I duties when needed.
- Operational knowledge of all floor equipment to include vacuums, burnishers, scrubbers, wet vacs, carpet extractor, imop.
- Knowledge of floor procedures to include dust mopping, mopping, stripping, application of floor finish, burnishing.
- Operational knowledge of all floor chemicals used in the hospital. • Operational knowledge of floor pads used for daily maintenance, burnishing, and stripping.
- Ensures proper signage is placed at the appropriate locations when hazards (i.e. wet floor warnings) are plausible.
- Responsible for proper handling of all chemicals as well as following proper infection control policies and proper PPE use.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of equipment used to maintain and clean floors. Can identify mechanical issues with the equipment to be reported timely and appropriately.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining of flooring in patient and non-patient areas, offices, common areas, hallways, and common area rest rooms to a high standard.
- Maintains a daily, weekly and monthly floor maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for the care and cleaning of all floor equipment
What qualifications you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1+ years' experience for the care and maintenance of resilient floors preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital's services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
""Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Floor Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website