DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Hourly Wage Estimate: $29.50 - $44.50 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Swedish Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Radiation Therapy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Radiation Oncology Registered Nurse with us:
- Your role functions in a collaborative role with the Radiation Oncology Team in providing continuity and quality patient care.
- You will assess and provide appropriate nursing interventions for the actual or potential problems that the patient may experience related to the disease process, treatment course, and follow up period.
- Your role emphasizes teaching, counseling, and supportive functions needed to assist the patient and/or family to cope with and adjust to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Your role assists in the evaluation and examination of patients with the Radiation Oncologist.
- Your role is the liaison between Radiation Oncology and other hospitals and/or departments as well as physicians groups/offices and other counseling/support groups.
- You will assess and provide appropriate referrals for alternative resources for recovery, rehabilitation, nursing home care, hospice and nutritional services.
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate nursing licensure.
- Current BLS certification through AHA or ARC required.
- Oncology Nursing Certification preferred.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Oncology department preferred.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Degree of Supervision Required:
- Needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area's only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website