Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA) is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to lead a team of accounting specialists in preparing accurate and timely invoices in accordance with contract terms in our Deltek Costpoint accounting system. Expertise leading billing teams with a focus on customer service and establishing process improvement initiatives to improve cashflow will be key to success in this role.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Management & Finance, the Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager is responsible for leading and performing all activities in the accounts receivable function including management of the AR staff and assessing the staffing needs of the organization. This leadership includes assignments to staff members and delegation of tasks, establishing team goals, reviewing and standardizing the invoicing setup in Costpoint within the Billing Module and working closely with the AR team, contracts, customers and Program Managers to solve invoicing issues as they arise. The AR Manager maintains all invoicing records, signs all invoices as required and coordinates the monthly invoicing process from contract inception through contract close-out. The AR Manager also oversees the invoice aging report and helps reconcile payments and bank accounts. Other key activities include preparing and leading the monthly AR Review with SPA leadership, maintaining the cash actual/forecast model and implementing improvements to simplify and standardize the billing processes at SPA.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
• Understanding of US Government contract terms and conditions as outlined under FAR, CAS, GAAP, and 2 CFR 200 regulations
• 6+ years of high volume A/R experience with at least 2 years of supervisory/manager experience
• 3+ years of Costpoint experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self starter with strong leadership skills
• U.S. citizenship required
Apply on company website