Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
A new division of SPA will assist our client with developing leading edge technologies to counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) in support of combatant commands (CCMDs) and transitioning these technologies to services and Special Operations Command (SOCOM). SPA provides expertise across the full range of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) WMD, Counter Improvised Threat (C-IT) and Counter Improvised Threat Network (CTN) technologies to support understanding, detection, identification, characterization, denial, control, disabling, defeating, disposing, safeguarding the force, managing consequences, and test and evaluation in support of military and civilian operations.
SPA has a future need for a mid-level or senior level Chemical and Biological Defense Scientist.
Provide subject matter expertise (SME) support to, acquisition and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes with emphasis on chemical and biological threats. Review proposals, technical reports, experimental or theoretical techniques, scientific studies and statements of work to ensure technical validity and evaluate current and emerging chemical and biological defense technologies. Assist senior leadership with decision making analysis. Evaluate all project aspects, including design, development, execution, and implementation of chemical and biological research and development. Understanding capability gaps and assisting in setting project and product-level strategy and priorities, ensuring portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals.
- DoD Secret level clearance;
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related scientific or engineering field
- 5-10 years of experience in CBRN or WMD R&D programs
- Demonstrated chemical and biological research and development experience
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging chemical and biological warfare agents
- MS or Ph.D in related scientific or engineering field
- Experience in chemical and biological defense as part of a DoD research and development enterprise:
- Experience with the DoD Chemical and Biological Defense Program (CBDP) and DoD acquisition policies;
- Familiarity with FDA approval/licensure requirements and processes;
- Familiarity with FDA guidance on the Animal Rule and its application to medical countermeasure development;
- Experience in advanced development (Product Development, Manufacturing, Clinical);
- Familiarity with scientific program development, planning, programming and reporting
Apply on company website