Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
New Division of SPA which assists the Government in developing leading edge technologies to counter WMD in support of CCMDs and transitioning these technologies to services and SOCOM. SPA provides expertise across the full range of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) WMD, Counter Improvised Threat and Countering Threat Network technologies to support understanding, detection, identification, characterization, denial, control, disabling, defeating, disposing, safeguarding the force, managing consequences, and test and evaluation in support of military and civilian operations.
SPA has a future need for a mid-level or senior level Nuclear Engineer/Physicist.
Develops concepts for R&D programs including methods for conducting R&D investigations, special techniques, and innovative approaches. Review proposals, technical reports, experimental or theoretical techniques, scientific studies and statements of work to ensure technical validity and evaluate current and emerging nuclear defense technologies. Assist senior leadership with decision making analysis. Evaluate all project aspects, including design, development, execution, and implementation of nuclear research and development. Understanding capability gaps and assisting in setting project and product-level strategy and priorities, ensuring portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals.
- MS in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Math, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 5-10 years' experience in nuclear R&D Programs
- Experience with physics based modeling and simulation
- Knowledgeable in conducting scientific evaluations and assessments on military equipment, and nuclear weapons scenarios.
- Experience in nuclear detection, nuclear survivability, nuclear weapons effects, and/or nuclear weapons systems.
- Ph D. in Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or related technical field
- Detailed working knowledge of the survivability of DOD equipment to nuclear weapons effects
- Detailed understanding of EM, HPM, and EF threats to electronic equipment.
- Recent CCMD or Pentagon experience
- Previous experience with NNSA, National Labs, or military experience
Apply on company website