The Net Technical Assessment Group (NTAG) within SPA specializes in the application of multi-disciplinary analytic skills to support clients across the Department of Defense (DoD). One of NTAG's clients is the Strategic Intelligence and Analysis Cell (SIAC) within the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). SIAC supports the Department's modernization efforts by evaluating the technical capability of current and planned U.S. weapon systems relative to those of our adversaries. Our experienced military, technical, and operations research analysts are skilled in evaluating military problems, identifying the driving factors, devising innovative solutions, and performing structured assessments to help the Department understand how today's technology investment decisions will impact future war-fighting capabilities. This requisition will primarily support SIAC as part of the NTAG team.
We are seeking highly motivated, energetic problem solvers currently attending undergraduate or graduate institutions to assist senior analysts, programmers, and researchers working to address some of the most critical issues facing the Department of Defense today. Technology Analyst interns will have a unique opportunity to develop cutting edge methodologies for identifying emerging technologies and assessing their relevance to future war-fighting capabilities. This individual will work on a part time basis throughout the school year with the potential to transition to a full time internship during the summer semester and a full time position upon graduation.
- Conduct focused research and analysis on emerging technologies to contextualize their current maturity, the military applications they can support, and the technology pathway to fielding.
- Support assessments, war-games, and workshops designed to identify and characterize emerging technologies that can address future military operational problems.
- Develop and apply structured methodologies to address client problem statements and analytic questions.
- Work on individual skill development including project management, briefing and public speaking, and real-world analytic application.
- Assist in framing, development, and presentation of analysis including drafting briefing materials and various documents for executive audiences.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree program in Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or a similar technical field from an accredited institution.
- Ability to research, analyze, assess, explain, and present complex technology problems based on current Department of Defense and commercial research and development efforts.
- Awareness of advanced and emerging technologies and capable of assessing their military applications and potential impact on future military operating environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to excel in a high pressure environment across multiple tasks.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience with defense-oriented science and technology projects and institutions.
- Awareness and experience with applying technology forecasting techniques.
- Experience with war-games and/or workshops.
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills.
- Current DoD Secret level clearance.
Apply on company website