DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**For a limited time, Terre Haute Regional Hospital is offering up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus based on Registered Nurse experience. 1 year of nursing experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify. ***
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) part of the HCA Healthcare (HCA) network, is a 278-bed Level III Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
HCA is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Why join our Emergency Room Team?
- 17-Bed Emergency Department
- Includes a Psych Safe Room and two Trauma bays
- Chest Pain Accredited
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship
- Experienced and supportive leadership that afford the opportunity for you to learn and
Our ER team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What will you be doing?
- Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care to assigned ER patients.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.'s, administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Triages patients by evaluating the patient's signs and symptoms; recording and reports the results.
- Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and processes orders.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Performs efficiently with Meditech.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS obtained within first 6 months and maintained during employment
- TNCC obtained within one year of hire and maintained during employment
We value YOU and your future!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Terre Haute Regional, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website