Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech is seeking an Accounting Manager to be based in their Chicago, IL office. The selected candidate will be a key member of the Finance & Administration team and be responsible for the execution of the accounting functions and operations for a Tetra Tech Business Unit. The Accounting Manager will take the lead in review and close procedures for monthly, quarterly and annual closes, oversee the accounts payable processes and be heavily involved in annual audits and tax preparation support. The right candidate is personable, diligent, and effective at finding solutions, is an outstanding communicator and has the desire to learn and advance.
Responsibilities include the following but not limited to these as other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of day-to-day duties of senior & staff accountant(s), as well as assessing and conducting annual performance reviews, quarterly performance check-ins and providing coaching and mentoring to accounting staff as needed.
- Lead the month end close procedures by efficiently assigning & reviewing work and providing hands on preparation/review of the financial statement consolidation in order to meet reporting deadlines
- Responsible for the review and approval of adjusting and general journal entries before posting to the general and subsidiary ledger accounts
- Responsible for the analysis of balance sheet accounts and related account reconciliations; work with accounting staff and department stakeholders to manage open accruals
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Plans/Budgets
- Will be a main point of contact for our independent auditors and external tax preparers
- Create, monitor and implement policies and procedures for accounting and finance functions
- Evaluate, identify, and improve areas of potential exposure and internal control weakness
- Proficient in accounting and finance research; providing updates and recommendations on necessary treatment and reporting changes as rules and regulations change.
- Knowledge of Federal Government accounting and indirect rate development and application.
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP
- Strong coordination / organization skills with attentiveness to timelines.
- Understanding of variance / trend analysis with actual/budget/historical results.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Responsible, dependable and possessing an exceptional work ethic.
- Experience in Consulting industry preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, data visualization
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining general ledgers and preparing financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strength in presentation
- Demonstrated competence in attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking projects
- Existing understanding and knowledge of FAR Requirements preferred
- 5+ years of total experience in the services industry
- Prior managerial or staff oversight experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specific to Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships
- Oracle or ERP software experience is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website