Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We currently have an immediate opportunity for a Compliance Manager – Offshore Energy who will play a key role in the delivery of environmental compliance for several offshore developers in the United States. This role will ensure environmental compliance with Federal and State permit and regulatory requirements for both offshore and onshore construction activities, interfacing with various construction package compliance managers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- This role will include the project construction phase and operations and maintenance.
- The position reports to the Tetra Tech Offshore Wind Program Manager, with interfaces to Modern Energy Initiative Team.
- The Compliance Manager will lead the implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS) at the project level during operations and maintenance, ensuring regulatory and legal compliance through implementation, audit, and development of new processes.
- The qualified candidate will ensure that appropriate standards of quality, best practices, and exceptional environmental performance are applied.
- In addition to leading on environmental compliance during construction, the Compliance Manager may be called on to provide technical environmental support across the US offshore wind portfolio, including subject matter expertise relevant to their background (e.g., fisheries, ornithology, marine mammals, waste management, and/or emergency response), support research and science initiatives, and engage with external stakeholders.
- The position requires regular field visits and may require travel nationwide.
- This position is based in Boston, MA on a Hybrid schedule.
- Possess a B.S. or B.S.E. degree from an accredited institution (required).
- 6-15 years of industry experience with large-scale projects.
- Experience in environmental compliance, preferably in the offshore construction industry or other transferable industry experience (knowledge of offshore wind desirable).
- Familiarity with sector-applicable regulation – e.g., MARPOL, NEPA, NPDES, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Massachusetts environmental regulations, etc.
- Experience working with environmental compliance software and data management systems.
- Previous work in a field, vessel environment.
- Monitor permitting compliance, project development, contractual progress, management systems deployment, Lessons Learned, and other compliance-related metrics to provide a clear and transparent representation of offshore compliance health within a project.
- Proficient in English.
- A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
- A Master's degree (M.S. or MBA) is preferred.
- The successful applicant will have a track record of performing the required duties in the United States.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website