Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.Job Details: We are currently seeking Construction Managers to join our exciting renewable energy team out of our Calgary office. The construction managers are to provide construction management leadership and expertise on wind energy construction projects, ensuring that the project meets design intent, as well as meeting schedule and cost objectives. The ideal candidate has civil, mechanical and electrical construction experience and strong skills in managing a diverse group of project participants (client, contractors, regulatory agencies, stakeholders). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities: Site Coordination
- Ensure contractors fully understand their contractual obligations and project requirements
- Liaise with contractors to minimize contractor conflict and encourage synergy on multiple contractor work sites.
- Identify slow progress, inadequate quality or performance, possible future construction problems and suggest possible solutions.
Project Schedule and Cost Control
- Monitor project schedule and costs, update and report as project development proceeds. Take action, as required, to address issues in a proactive manner.
- Confirm monthly contract progress payment documents, forecast and manage potential changes.
- Monitor and inspect construction to confirm quality and that the constructed works are in conformance with the design.
- Review and manage technical submittals (shop drawings, RFI's, RFC's and work plans) to confirm conformance with design and quality of work.
- Address issues that arise in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Effective documentation of progress through daily and weekly reports (with detailed photos).
- Monitor the receipt and inspection of major equipment/materials to ensure compliance with technical aspects and commercial terms, facilitate responsibility transfers and acceptance.
- Act as the Owner's representative during construction, responsible for day to day and week to week interface with key stakeholders including regulatory agencies, government (local, municipal to federal), landowners.
- Strong construction background, having worked on 2 or more wind projects including experience with wind turbine foundation construction and/or turbine erection/installation.
- Construction experience of at least 10 years, capable of working on several major industrial projects simultaneously in a multidiscipline environment.
- Prefer an Engineer or appropriately recognized technical designation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website