Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. Job Details:
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Construction Project Management to join our exciting renewable energy team in Barrie, ON/Calgary, AB. The successful candidate will provide construction project management leadership and expertise on renewable energy (hydro, wind and solar) design and construction projects up to $400M within Western Canada. The individual will ensure that projects meet design intent, and meet project goals in terms of quality, schedule and cost. The ideal candidate has extensive civil engineering and construction experience, as well as strong project management skills and can effectively manage a diverse group of project participants (client, contractors, regulatory agencies, stakeholders). To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities:
Leadership and Business Contribution:
- Take action to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Lead the construction management team by setting direction, assessing personnel skills and providing guidance for improvement and growth.
- Ensure adequate and competent resources are in place to meet business needs.
- Participate in CPL's overall business by maintaining strong relationships with the contractor community and through business development activities to identify new clients and construction opportunities within Western Canada. Project Planning and Management:
- Strategize a project execution plan that addresses all aspects of a project from design and procurement through to construction and commissioning. Develop this plan to meet client objectives and ensure project quality and performance.
- Communicate effectively and manage all project team members, including agencies, suppliers, contractors and the client as necessary for project execution and coordination.
- Develop and maintain project schedules using MS Projects, identifying critical activities to project completion, monitor schedule performance, update and take corrective action as required.
- Prepare project cost estimates from preliminary concept drawings, develop the detailed project control budget and update costs as the project progresses. Undertake economic analysis of various design options to provide the client with the most cost effective and technically viable solution. Regulatory Liaison:
- Coordinate and liaise with regulatory agencies, including Hydro Utilities, MOE, FLNRO, Conservation Authorities and Municipalities in obtaining project approvals and permits.
- Understand construction activities to prepare Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP) and Care of Water Plans (CWP). Design Capabilities:
- Review design concepts and drawings and provide advice on constructability, undertake risk assessments and develop corresponding contingency plans. Contract Administration:
- Assemble construction and supply contract documents with particular emphasis on preparation of work scopes.
- Tender, tender evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts for engineering services, equipment / material supply and construction.
- Administer contracts involving review and approval of contractor documents, evaluation and issuance of contract changes, payment approvals and discrepancies. Construction Management:
- Provide construction management direction and supervision:
- Execute monitoring and inspection activities of supply and construction to confirm that project works are in conformance with drawings, specifications and contract requirements,
- Manage all project contracts related to supply and construction to support achieving project goals (quality, schedule and cost),
- Provide instruction and direction to the on-site construction managers and verify their performance,
- Ensure that engineering is involved for review of technical issues, review of vendor drawings and on-site inspections,
- Liaise with the client on all aspects of the project addressing supply, construction and associated contracts,
- Take appropriate action for all potential claims or legal implications which arise during execution of the work.
- Attend contractor meetings including those for kick-off, progress, milestones, completions and other critical activities as appropriate,
- Ensure collection of completions documentation including; contract submittals, QA/QC records, as-built information, as well as issuance of inspection completion certificates.
- Assess project performance and effectively write monthly project status reports, which includes safety, decisions, regulatory status, engineering design, contract status, construction activities, schedule, risk assessment and mitigation and cost controls.
- Minimum ten years project management experience of civil projects.
- Prefer at least three years of water resources or hydroelectric experience for Hydro projects.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional Engineer registered in the Province of British Columbia, Ontario or Alberta.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website