Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Environmental Project Scientist to join our growing company. Working in a positive team-focused atmosphere, you'll help Tetra Tech's Project Managers meet the needs of our diverse client base with environmental regulatory compliance needs based on accepted scientific principles and experience. The position will split its time between field work and the office. The applicant must possess a strong desire to learn, have excellent communication skills, and be able to contribute effectively as a team member.
We're looking for a scientist familiar with environmental permitting, environmental regulations pertaining to resources and protected species, habitat assessments, plant identification, wetlands flora and fauna, jurisdictional delineations, and/or wildlife surveys.
Field work is primarily located in the Southeastern U.S.; however, for the right candidate, opportunities for short-term projects may be available throughout the Country. Potential for the right candidate to be able to grow this position into a larger role.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in environmental, science, or ecology-related fields.
- 5 to 8 years of related professional experience, ability to lead ecological field services.
- Strong communication skills; effective technical writing and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong leader experience with wetland ecology and delineations, wildlife habitat assessment, and plant identification preferred.
- Regulatory and permitting experience in the Southeast, U.S. (e.g., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, State Wildlife Agencies) is preferred.
- Compile and produce sound and well-organized technical documents using a variety of computer software.
- Experience with Windows-based software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.) is required, and proficiency with GPS/GIS field data-collection software is preferred.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to travel and mobilize to project locations and perform work during all weather conditions.
- Abide by project schedules and budgets, coordinate travel plans, procure vehicle and equipment needs, and multi-party collaboration in a timely and efficient manner.
- Observe and abide by policies and procedures outlined in project-specific health and safety plans and company Environmental Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website