Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech, a leading environmental and management consulting firm, is seeking a Mid-Level Envrionemntal Scientist or Engineer and Project Manager in our Chicago, IL office. This is a full-time position for an inividual with a strong technical background in
environmental site investigation and remediation who is interested in career growth and business development opportunities while managing and supporting a variety of public and private sector environmental projects.
- Qualified candidates will have about 7-15 years of environmental consulting or related experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
- Previous experience with hazardous waste site investigations and remediation.
- Previous private or public sector client management and business development success. Project management experience is a plus.
- Applicable experience, training and certifications with asbestos, lead-based paint, air quality, low-level radioactive waste, GIS, Hyrdaulic, and hydrologic modeling, or emergency response (e.g: ICS) is preferred.
- Must meet physical demands of hazardous waster site work.
- Travel is required and will vary based on project requirements; may include weekend work/travel. This position may be exposed to various weather conditions while performing field work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and excel.
- Strong analytical, organizational, client management and communication skills (written and verbal.)
- Highly motivated, customer focused and works well in a team environment.
- Preffered skills in hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, GIS data analysis and geostatistics, coding (VBA, Python, etc..) and data management.
Education, Certification and Registration:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, science or related envrionmental field required.
- 40hr HAZWOPER training certifcation with 8hr refresher required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Position will demand heavy lifting of field sampling and other equiptment.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website