Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Geologist (Mid-Level) for their Chantilly, VA office. The candidate must live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area at the time of application. The selected candidate must be available for an in-person interview. The candidate will provide project support for environmental projects, related to federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients. The selected candidate will be responsible for completion and management of task level work, including: field investigations (including soil, water, and air sampling; drilling and subcontractor supervision, and coordination with analytical laboratories), construction and/or remedial action oversight, health and safety air monitoring, personnel field management, and preparation of technical reports. The candidate will work collaboratively with and under the supervision of a senior scientist or project manager. The candidate will be expected to follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, and prepare as well as implement site-specific health and safety plans. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing, understanding, and implementing site-specific work plans and scopes of work. The candidate will prepare various technical deliverables including reports, letters, proposals, cost estimates, tables, and figures.
- 7+ years of professional environmental consulting experience is required, with history of increasing responsibility. Project experience to include: carrying out Phase I ESAs (ASTM-compliant), Phase II Site Investigations, UST compliance monitoring, UST closures, vapor intrusion assessments, and remedial investigations. Previous field experience required, including supervision of sampling activities and environmental drilling operations, ability to work independently on field projects.
- Experience preparing technical reports, memos, response to comments tables, and diagrams is required. Must be a competent technical writer.
- Attention to quality is required. The successful candidate must be able to observe, evaluate, and document site field conditions and communicate changes in field conditions to senior staff.
- Ability to analyze and interpret chemistry and environmental data is preferred.
- Ability to interface with clients, subcontractors, working groups, and internal customers required.
- The ability to work extended hours based on the Company's needs is required.
- Working knowledge of the conceptual site model process is preferred. Experience including CERCLA RI/FS and PA/SI is preferred.
- Project management training or experience is preferred.
- Experience as a Task Manager is required including responsibility for cost and schedule for technical components of larger projects.
- Experience with federal, state, municipal, and private sector projects is preferred.
- Ability to assist with cost estimating and obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors is preferred.
- Ability to review and summarize agency regulations, policies, and procedures into “plain English” is preferred.
- Enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude
- The successful candidate is able to communicate effectively and make evaluated decisions for the betterment of the client and the company.
- The successful candidate will work as a problem solver, will have an interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner, and will have the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Experience in GIS, hydrogeology, and databases are preferred.
- High-level skill using Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Word is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- Must have a strong health and safety ethic.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to take directions and work independently.
- A strong drive to succeed and professional approach to work are required. The successful candidate will have the ability to maintain a relatively consistent level of positivity, day to day.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
BS/BA degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Geology, or a related discipline is required. Master's degrees that had a thesis requirement are preferred. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training is preferred. OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training and 8-hour OSHA Supervisors of Hazardous Waste Operations Training are preferred. Registered professional geologists, engineers, or CHMMs are preferred.
Candidate must be able to walk large project sites and must be physically able to carry up to 35 pounds of equipment (such as sampling tools, GPS unit, field screening equipment and cameras) during field work. Field activities take place in a variety of weather conditions, and can occur in remote locations and include areas of uneven terrain or occur during harsh weather. Field sampling and monitoring may include various media (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas, and air). Candidate must be able to sit at a desk / computer in an office environment for office-based tasks.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website