Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Operations Manager back-upcandidates for the INL-funded 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP).
JSSP's primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General's Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP's efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Position Description/Summary: This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice, Attorney General's Office, Supreme Court, Ministry of Women's Affairs, and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups. The Operations Manager serves on the PMO team and ensures program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day to day support to the field and each respective functional are to include but not limited to HR, finance, procurement, staffing, logistics, IT/comms, security, etc. Works closely with the Program Director to develop, analyze, and strategize program goals, and policy and procedures to ensure cost effective solutions are presented to INL while maintaining the efficiency to the program. Tracks and submits JSSP deliverables and program milestones. responds to operational inquiries from the field, advises the Program Director on program decision making. Serves as a program representative to INL and attend meetings with the INL program office. This will be a long-term position based in Arlington, VA.
- Play a key role in supporting program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day-to-day operational support to the field and each functional area, including but not limited to contract compliance, reporting, human resources, finance, procurement, logistics, IT/comms, and security
- Respond to operational inquiries from the field and coordinate with the Program Director on program decision making
- Ensure company/project registration remains compliant with operating country requirements, including any annual reporting requirements
- Serve as the Tetra Tech Lead Project Officer/Project Manager per the Approval Authority Matrix
- Update the Tetra Tech burn rate chart, project burn rate memo and report out at regular burn rate meetings
- Support with preparation of quarterly project PEEAC and quarterly Corporate Risk Review presentation
- Complete small business reporting requirements for JSSP
- Manage and regularly update project budget and expenditures and coordinate with home office and field office teams to ensure adherence to contract budget, burn rate, and spending commitments
- Lead the Tetra Tech Annual Operating Plan and Mid-Year Forecast process
- Approve project expenses in Tetra Linx and ensure compliance to contract and regulations, as well as use of correct JSSP project, Tetra Tech G&A or EXO overhead task codes
- Review and approve monthly field expense reports and monthly invoices
- Respond to Tetra Tech Finance team requests for clarifications, memos, and assist with backup documentation for submission of monthly invoices
- Lead the process for opening/closing of bank account and ensure project has sufficient bank account signatories and funding for project operations
- Monitor and update EXO overhead budget for the DC office
- Support field office recruitment efforts of Afghan nationals by assisting with shortlisting, document reviews, rate approvals, drafting Afghan national approval requests, etc.
- Ensure field personnel adhere to Field Office Administrative Operations Manual and other field policies manuals; update policies/manuals as needed, in coordination with the Assigned Compliance Specialist and field office management in accordance with the Approval Authority Matrix
- Work in collaboration with Finance and assigned Compliance Specialist to ensure that memorandums of understanding, consultant letters, subcontracts, and purchase orders are in place where needed
- Lead procurement, negotiation, and oversight of U.S./third country subcontracts
- Facilitate regularly-scheduled project operational meetings and maintain minutes/priority lists to track action items
- Draft operational deliverables as assigned, including staffing report, financial/cost tracking report, safety and security report, etc.
- Provide training and capacity building to field staff on key topics such as budgeting, compliance, finance and admin operations procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years program management and/or government contracting experience
- Experience working operations on a government contracting program
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of business accounting and budgeting
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and procurement and financial management systems
- Knowledge of the government regulations and experience working with USG/Department of State and Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs)
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
· - Cover Letter
· - CV in reverse chronological format
· - Reference List: Three professional references
· -Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please apply through Tetra Tech's International Development Careers site:
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 188 ARD
Apply on company website