Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The Permitting and Compliance Specialist will support private (commercial, industrial, power, oil/gas, rail, manufacturing) and public sector clients. The candidate will manage permitting projects and compliance assurance programs for a variety of clients and be presented with complex technical/regulatory challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
• Provide support to on-going and new projects focused on, but not limited to, permitting and compliance needs.
• Prepare and submit various types of permit applications especially for projects located in MD, VA, PA, DE, NJ, OH, and WV.
• Interpret current and future state and federal promulgated regulations and properly apply to design and permitting activities.
• Perform Federal, state, and local program compliance, recordkeeping, client advocacy, and reporting
• Regulatory analysis and applicability determinations – including but not limited to CWA, EPCRA, CERCLA, RCRA, NHPA, SDWA, etc.`
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of technical work in a part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
• Serve as a project manager for permitting and compliance projects.
• Preparation of subcontractor procurements, specifications, and bidding documents.
• Prepare project proposals and successfully complete the awarded project in accordance with the proposal schedule and budget.
• Provide direction to staff personnel to complete project tasks and oversee and certify the work of others.
• Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and other representatives.
• Visit client offices, attend regulatory agency meetings, attend public hearings, provide expert testimony, and participate in field visits based on project requirements.
Education and Experience:
• Possess a Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field (e.g.., engineering, meteorology, physics, chemistry, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline). Post-graduate education is an advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years of professional experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience focused on permitting and/or compliance projects. Modeling and field experience are desirable.
• Professional Registration (P.E.) is preferred. PMP certification a plus.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing:
• Air Permitting, Air Quality & Compliance
• Environmental Reporting & Auditing
• Regulatory Compliance, Permitting & Plans
• Community Outreach & Engagement
• Environmental Resource Management & Permitting
• Noise studies.
• Candidates must have experience providing strong technical direction/support regarding permitting and project implementation.
• Experience with the preparation and submission permit applications is required.
• Experience in interfacing with state and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
Other Skills and Abilities: Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and have strong organizational, inter-personal communication, writing and presentation skills. Candidates must be able to work independently within a team and be a collaborative team member that approaches challenges with a positive attitude. Candidates must be able to function with little direction to meet project goals and able to take conceptual direction for project tasks and developed detail plans to complete task. Computer skills must include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Earth. Candidate must be able and available to travel via land and/or air and possess a valid drivers' license in good standing.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website