Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are looking for a Principal Transport Planner to help with the expanding workload of our Midlands transport team based in Leicester.
We offer a challenging and rewarding career working for a leading transport consultancy with a strong presence in the Midlands. You will join a growing team delivering a wide variety of interesting projects for clients in the private and public sectors.
You will work on and manage the preparation of transport assessments, travel plans and other development-related transport reports. The role requires somebody with experience in project management, client liaison, work winning and mentoring junior staff. Your work will involve:
- Understanding client requirements for development-related transport planning
- Client liaison and preparing fee proposals
- Project management
- Producing transport assessments and travel plans
- Analysing, collating and interpreting transport data
- Ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget
- Attending internal and external client and team meetings
- Undertaking site visits
- Providing technical advice to support junior colleagues
- Helping to develop and mentor junior team members
You will be required to undertake your work with a high degree of diligence and quality in line with Tetra Tech's quality assurance processes. You will need to be well organised and able to manage your time effectively to meet project deadlines.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to progress your career and work within a successful team on a wide range of exciting transport planning projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual with experience working in the industry that should ideally include:
- A good understanding of the UK planning process and how your work fits into that
- Knowledge of highway design principles relevant to site access design
- An understanding of the capabilities of AutoCAD and GIS software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of using software packages such as TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSIG
- Previous UK work experience
- Experience of developing and maintaining client relationships
Above all, we are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to liaise with clients and team members
- Methodical approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the application of transport modelling software
Degree or Masters in a relevant subject (e.g. transport planning, civil engineering, geography)
Professional Accreditation, such as MCIHT, MTPS, MCILT
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity / shared parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
Our culture at Tetra Tech encourages and embraces the differences that make each of us unique - we are hiring you for you, so be yourself!
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website