Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified PROGRAM DIRECTOR (PD) candidates for the INL-funded, 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) program.
JSSP's primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General's Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP's efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Position Description/Summary: This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General's Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA), and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups. The Project Implementer (PI) is a key personnel position, shall be responsible for all aspects of the Contract, shall have full authority domestically (CONUS) to act for the Contractor, and shall be the central point of contact for the COR and INL/AP. The PI, or suitable designated alternative, shall be available at all times to meet with or be called upon by INL/AP, and shall be empowered to respond to emergency situations. Travel to Afghanistan is authorized for up to four times per year to oversee program operations, meet with local State Department officials, and maintain the morale of deployed personnel. This will be a long-term position based in Arlington, Virginia.
Overall Duties: The Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) Program Director has primary responsibility for all aspects of contract execution. The Program Director is responsive to and coordinates closely with the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Program Office and Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) to ensure effective contract management. The Program Director also interfaces with the COR on contractual matters of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure overall compliance with all contract and U.S. Government regulations pertaining to the implementation of the JSSP contract
- Review and submit client approval requests with final authority; responsible for the quality and content of all submissions to INL
- Submit contractual notices and respond to request for information from INL Washington, DC in a timely manner
- Lead efforts for proposing and negotiating modifications to the contract as required
- Serve as the primary point person on the PMO for troubleshooting operational challenges and developing timely and appropriate solutions
- Oversee PMO activities and serve as the primary point person for providing guidance and making final decisions as to a course of action; liaise with the Tetra Tech Senior Project Director to ensure that audit risk/disallowed costs are prevented and that client expectations are met
- Serve as the direct supervisor for the Operations Manager, Project Officer, and Project Specialist
- Monitor PMO activities and delegate tasks to ensure a balanced workload among team members and timely responses/completion of tasks to meet project objectives
- Responsible for submission of quarterly project PEEAC and quarterly Corporate Risk Review presentation submission to Tetra Tech management
- Report on monthly JSSP Management Indicators to Tetra Tech management
- Track project profitability and serve as the decision maker on day-to-day spending to maximize profitability; coordinate with the Tetra Tech Senior Project Director and Senior Finance Director on decision making in case of profitability impact
- Review and approve the Tetra Tech Annual Operating Plan and Mid-Year Forecast commitments for submission and ensure project revenue is within 10 percent of figures submitted
- Oversee ongoing recruitment efforts for international staff and consultants and ensure
that any technical or operational gaps on the project are filled in a timely manner
- Oversee the work of the PMO on recruitment of Afghan nationals to ensure project staffing numbers are maximized
- Actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications
- Facilitate regularly-scheduled project technical and recruitment meetings and maintain minutes/priority lists to track action items
- Lead meetings with INL staff and maintain meeting minutes
- Responsible for timely submission of project deliverables and review prior to client submission
- Ensure that Tetra Tech standards for professionalism and quality of work product are met in regular progress reports, ensuring compliance with Tetra Tech Style Manual and client requirements. Ensure that success stories are submitted on a regular basis – no less than one time per month
- Track completion of workplan activities on a weekly basis
- Provide support to field team for programmatic deliverables as requested
- Engage short-term technical experts both prior to onboarding, and after completion of assignment, to ensure sound technical implementation and coherency with consultant contract deliverables; in coordination with Chief of Team and Subject Matter Expert, draft scopes of work for short-term technical experts, verify reports for accuracy and professionalism and sign off on work product with final authority
- Report to INL on the status of key project deliverables and contract objectives
- Oversee the contract deliverables contained in the PRO Plan in order to ensure completion and timely delivery, accuracy of information, and overall progression toward contract objectives
- Travel to JSSP offices in Afghanistan four times per year to observe and oversee program personnel and operations, and meet with U.S. Government officials
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior management roles that include strategic planning, program management, resource management, and budgeting
- A minimum of two years of experience in managing complex, international programs of comparable scope to JSSP
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; Master's degree preferred
- Working knowledge and experience in managing international development and/or rule of law programs preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Must be an American National (AN)
- Ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) Clearance required.
Please apply for this position through Tetra Tech International Development Careers:
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 188 ARD
Apply on company website