Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists. Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Project Civil Engineer to work in our Boston or Marlborough office. We offer a hybrid work environment with the flexibility to work from home and in the office.
The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative skillsets to support municipal, state, and private projects in New England. This is an engaging and high impact position in which you will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with engineering design on stormwater, water, wastewater, civil/site, stormwater, traffic, and transportation projects. You will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to civil and environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Develop engineering studies and reports
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
- Prepare permit applications and support materials
- Develop construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Perform construction administration activities including construction oversight, daily record keeping, conducting project meetings, and reviewing payment requisitions
- Assist Project Manager with project management activities including scheduling, quality control and assurance, client meetings and public presentations
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering, or a relevant field
- 8+ years of site/civil, water, wastewater and/or stormwater design, or other relevant engineering experience
- MA professional engineer (PE) license, or the ability to obtain MA PE within one year of hiring
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills required; strong presentation skills a plus
- Familiarity with elements of the design-bid-build process including engineering analysis, permitting, development of construction documents (plans and specifications), cost estimating, and construction administration and observation
- Construction inspection experience, including observation, record keeping, shop drawing review and associated administrative tasks
- Proficiency in AutoCAD as well as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office suite) required
- Travel to project sites is required
- Requires successful evaluation of a motor vehicle record (MVR) check and maintaining a safe driving record
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 143 INE
Apply on company website